Raising objects

Michael Chermside mcherm at mcherm.com
Wed May 7 11:32:35 EDT 2003

Alex writes:
> ...the creation does seem to be taking place just as it should.
> What makes you understand it actually isn't?
 [...]
> You mean there's something in the interpreter detecting that
> class ohya has an __init__ and therefore instantiating it, but
> that it wouldn't be instantiated if it had no __init__?

I was wrong. I'd gotten confused between something that happens
only in C code, and what happens in Python. Steven Taschuk figured
out the details, his post is at:
   http://tinyurl.com/b7ab

While on the subject, let me second (well, third?) the idea of
migrating to instances-only as we move to new-style exceptions
in some future Python version. Was someone actually volunteering
to PEP this? If so, do you need some help? If not, should I do
so? We should also probably see if Guido (or others?) has already
thought through this migration.

-- Michael Chermside