Raising objects

Steven Taschuk staschuk at telusplanet.net
Wed May 7 12:16:56 EDT 2003

Quoth Michael Chermside:
  [...]
> While on the subject, let me second (well, third?) the idea of
> migrating to instances-only as we move to new-style exceptions
> in some future Python version. Was someone actually volunteering
> to PEP this? If so, do you need some help? [...]

I'm putting together a PEP, based on discussions in this thread,
for some simplifications of raise syntax; it will include
eliminating string exceptions and making instantiation explicit.

It's partly written already.  I expect to have it in a form
suitable for the PEP editors (and then to submit it to them) in,
say, roughly a week.

--
Steven Taschuk                                7\ 7'Z {&~         .
staschuk at telusplanet.net                        Y r          --/hG-