web front-end, Python back end?

Guy Middleton guy at obstruction-no-spam.com
Thu May 29 13:14:33 EDT 2003

I need some software architecture advice.

I'm writing an application in which the logic is going to be implemented as a
set of Python modules, with three separate interfaces: command-line, GUI, and
web.

Command-line is easy, and I'm planning to use wxPython for the GUI interface,
but I'm wondering how best to do the web interface.

The system on which it is running already has PHP installed, so I thought I
could write some kind of PHP front end.  Is this a common approach?  We are
favouring PHP because the maintenance issues, so that we can have the same
person (who is not familiar with Python) support this and the existing PHP
applications.