Inline HTML images (was: putting Image from database in cgi app)

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed May 21 09:45:37 EDT 2003

Cameron Laird wrote:

> Fredrik, your advice is sound and considerately detailed.
>
> There *is* a standard, though, for inlining images, which I
> gather the original questioner thinks he wants.  <URL: http://
> click.unixreview.email-publisher.com/maaa540aaX6NLa2scaRb/ >
> provides details.

oh, I'm perfectly aware of that standard.  the only problem is that
it 1) only works in some browsers, and 2) forces everyone to down-
load the images, whether they want them or not.

(anyone who's checked the text sources for the documents over at
http://effbot.org/zone might have noticed that I'm using data URLs
all over the place...  and anyone comparing the text source code
with the posted HTML may also be able to figure out how the zone
scripts handle them...  see e.g. http://effbot.org/zone/wck-3.htm
which I posted earlier today)

</F>