It never fails (bsddb retirement in 2.3)

Paul Rubin http
Sun May 4 04:34:57 EDT 2003

martin at v.loewis.de (Martin v. Löwis) writes:
> > I just tried that with a freshly unpacked Python 2.2 source tree.
>
> All this discussion is about Python 2.3; Python 2.2 does not have a
> module named bsddb185, and bsddbmodule.c compiles into the bsddb module.

Oh.  All my posts were about a 1.5.2 to 2.2 upgrade.  Even the
Sleepycat upgrade_db script didn't seem able to recognize the 1.85
file.  I ended up running "strings" on the database file to get the
values out (fortunately they were all ascii), then writing a small
Python script to populate a new database with them.  What a hack.  :-P