So, how long does it take to learn

Nick Vargish nav at adams.patriot.net
Tue May 20 11:13:17 EDT 2003

Graham Nicholls <graham at rockcons.co.uk> writes:

> I know thats an open ended question, but how long would you reckon it takes
> to get to be fairly productive, bearing in mind I've been preogramming for
> years ?

Took about an afternoon to learn the basic syntax, three days to get
fairly comfortable with the object model. About a week after that to
have a good overview of the library (good == able to know where to
look for the appropriate module for a given task).

I'm still learning some of the subtleties of the standard library and
new classes. The Cookbook and Nutshell are both excellent for this
stage, which I plan to be in for the rest of my life.

"I am but an egg."

Nick

--
#include<stdio.h> /* SigMask 0.3 (sig.c) 19990429 PUBLIC DOMAIN "Compile Me" */
int main(c,v)char *v;{return !c?putchar(*v-1)&&main(0,v+ /* Tweaks welcomed. */