Python vs PHP for our rewrite?

Jay O'Connor joconnor at nets.com
Sun May 18 15:26:29 EDT 2003

In article <mailman.1053165567.14973.python-list at python.org>, "Ian
Bicking" <ianb at colorstudy.com> wrote:

>  I think most hosts will
> support Python, though -- it's widely installed these days, and most
> hosts don't micromanage scripts to that degree.  I don't think it should
> be any worse performing than Perl CGI when d

Thanks for all the responses.

One thing just struck me a day ago was that when I started a database
conversion from our home-brew approach to a true dbms, I chose Postgresql
over MySQL because I felt it offered certain features that would work
much better for us.  Now that I hear about potential marketing for others
to host it, I think that may have been the wrong decision.  I think
Postgres vs MySQL on a web host will be more of an impact than Python vs
PHP

--
Jay O'Connor
http://www.r4h-music.com

"God Himself plays the bass strings first,
when He tunes the soul"