Suggestion for yet another (O'Reilly) Python book

Steven Cummings cummingscs at netscape.net
Mon Mar 10 17:47:06 EST 2003

claird at lairds.com (Cameron Laird) wrote:

>In article <mailman.1047331217.32297.python-list at python.org>,
>Steven Cummings <cummingscs at netscape.net> wrote:
>>Cool idea. I've thought it would be nice to have an O'Reilly "Python
>>Web Services" written by someone who has done all of those articles
>>for developerWorks and XML.com, like Uche. To have it all and much
>>more from the expert-author's knowledge in one coherent book would be
>>very marketable right now I think.
>            .
>            .
>            .
>... and also a lot of work, more than is generally ap-
>parent to those who haven't been through sausage-mak--I
>mean, book publication, themselves.
>
>Incidentally, "Python Web Services" is ambiguous in at
>least a couple of dimensions.  Are you aware of Steve
>Holden's book <URL: http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/ >?
>--

That's true I suppose. I was presuming the typical SOAP/UDDI/WSDL family of basic deployment, with maybe some XML database/repository type material. I did know about that book, but I didn't realize that it contained material on web services. I'll definitely check it out if that's the case. Although that link doesn't seem to be working this moment...