ANN: Ballot for Complementary PEP308 Ternary VOTE

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Wed Mar 5 19:32:05 EST 2003

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 06:12:33PM -0600, Norman Petry wrote:

> Any better theories about what's happening here would be appreciated.

USENET sucks, almost as bad as SMTP, if you expect reliable and reliably
reproduceable behaviour. It doesn't work that way. Even if the mail->news
gateway works, there are many hops involved in delivering the message to any
given NNTP server, and any one of them can go wrong. Or they can take a
little longer than expected.

But I don't read the newsgroup, I read the list. Maybe a few
newsgroup-readers can see if they got either message. I definately saw the
second.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>