ANN: Ballot for Complementary PEP308 Ternary VOTE

Norman Petry npetry at accesscomm.ca
Wed Mar 5 19:42:23 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 18:32, Thomas Wouters wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 06:12:33PM -0600, Norman Petry wrote:
>
> > Any better theories about what's happening here would be appreciated.
>
> USENET sucks, almost as bad as SMTP, if you expect reliable and reliably
> reproduceable behaviour. It doesn't work that way. Even if the mail->news
> gateway works, there are many hops involved in delivering the message to any
> given NNTP server, and any one of them can go wrong. Or they can take a
> little longer than expected.

That might be it.  Perhaps it will show up on my news server later today
or tomorrow.  The odd thing is that all of the (relatively) short
messages I've sent were transferred quickly and reliably, whether I
posted them to the list, or to comp.lang.python.

> But I don't read the newsgroup, I read the list. Maybe a few
> newsgroup-readers can see if they got either message. I definately saw the
> second.

I'd appreciate that.  I really don't want to have to send out my message
a paragraph at a time, just so people on comp.lang.python can read it
:-/

--
Norm Petry