ANN: Ballot for Complementary PEP308 Ternary VOTE

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Mar 5 18:07:13 EST 2003

Aahz wrote:

> And I disagree with this.  From my POV, an expanded approval vote
> makes
> much more sense for this specific situation.  (By "expanded", I mean
> that each item to be voted on can be marked as YES/NO/ABSTAIN.)
>
> While in some sense that would be less robust than Condorcet, the
> increase in simplicity and raw data would be well worth it.

I agree -- at the very least there should be been some feedback on each
and every form (including a "no change" option), whether
affirmative/negative, or affirmative/indifferent/negative.

I'm somewhat disappointed with the choice of voting procedures for such
a highly contentious issue -- particularly when the discussion about the
procedures seems to have had no impact -- but the official vote is the
official vote and that's that.

/  \ It's a man's world, and you men can have it.
\__/ Katherine Anne Porter
    The laws list / http://www.alcyone.com/max/physics/laws/
 Laws, rules, principles, effects, paradoxes, etc. in physics.