P.E.P. 3.0.8 ???

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Mar 14 05:51:19 EST 2003

Peter Hansen wrote:

> Actually, using the time machine he has already travelled back to 1991
> and removed it from the source tree just before he released v1.0.
> The vote made it clear to him that just copying the C syntax, as his
> 1991-self had just done, was a popular mistake and it should be
> removed.
>
> Thank heavens for the time machine and a clean resolution to the
> problem!

Sir, your clear breach of time travel protocol by revealing this
information has resulted in the very real possibility that someone will
with his 1991 self, resulting in a retaliatory strike from himself plus
two to interfere before the interference to prevent the interference
from taking place, resulting in an additional effort to stop that
interference from taking place, and so on.

The logical result, as anyone who has an advanced degree in temporal
mechanics knows, is that this will lead to a cascade effect, resulting
in the only possible stable state; namely, timeline in which no time
machine was ever constructed, as per the Niven theorem.  Your actions
thus ruin everyone's chances of taking advantage of time travel for the
purposes of good, from now until the end of the Universe in a heat
death.  As a result, we've had to take the drastic step of going back in
time and insuring that you were never born.  This message will self
destruct in xDxDi{

NO CARRIER

/  \ Isn't the best defense always a good attack?
\__/ Ovid
    Computer science / http://www.alcyone.com/max/reference/compsci/
 A computer science reference.