P.E.P. 3.0.8 ???

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri Mar 14 05:34:34 EST 2003

Tim Peters wrote:

> [Roman Suzi]
> > Has Guido already decided this way or that?
>
> Nobody knows yet:  he hasn't broken silence.  For monumental decisions like
> this, he likes to wander in the Amsterdam desert, fasting for 40 days first.
> That was admittedly before he got married, though.  Heck, for all I know,
> he's forgotten he asked for a vote.  That would teach the community a
> valuable lesson <wink>.

Actually, using the time machine he has already travelled back to 1991
and removed it from the source tree just before he released v1.0.
The vote made it clear to him that just copying the C syntax, as his
1991-self had just done, was a popular mistake and it should be
removed.

Thank heavens for the time machine and a clean resolution to the problem!
With other languages, the community would have been forced to go into
the entire existing code base and manually convert each use of the ternary
into if/else statement form.

-Peter