Python 2.2.2 compile on Solaris 9

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Mar 4 21:37:58 EST 2003

S Timmins wrote:

> 1) we have a system install of Python 2.2.2 compiled with gcc 2.8.1

If you have Python 2.2.2, why are you trying to build it?  Note also
that gcc 2.8.x is really quite old, where did it come from?  Even the
added software CD for Solaris 8 comes with gcc 2.95.3.

>  2) when I try to make python myself (I am not root) with the same
> compiler it complains about the odd set of braces being ambiguous but
> eventually dies:

This doesn't show the build dying, all it shows is the building of a
module failing (in this case, the readline module).  When a module fails
to compile, the Python build suite should just skip it and move on to
the next one.

/  \ And your daddy died for you / And I'll do the same
\__/ India Arie
    Bosskey.net: Counter-Strike / http://www.bosskey.net/cs/
 A personal guide to Counter-Strike.