C-h f equivalent

Glyn Millington glyn at millingtons.org
Thu Mar 6 08:31:20 EST 2003

Hello folks - first post so forgive me if this is a  FAQ - and please
point me to the relevant docs.

Python 2.2 Debian Linux Woody.

Just for fun, really, I'm trying to learn python (just a hobby, this -
and to keep up with my kids ;-)

Now when I want to put something together in elisp, in Xemacs all I have
to do is C-h f and then feed in the function name and I get the goods on
a particular function. C-h v does the same for variables.  Is there
anything quite as handy as this in python which will tell me about
functions, built-in variable etc I've got the doc and can search 'em but
is there a quick reference built in?

yours in hope ;-)

Glyn