C-h f equivalent

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Mar 6 08:50:33 EST 2003

Glyn Millington <glyn at millingtons.org> writes:

> Is there anything quite as handy as this in python which will tell
> me about functions, built-in variable etc I've got the doc and can
> search 'em but is there a quick reference built in?

>>> help('math.sin')
Help on built-in function sin in math:

sin(...)
    sin(x)

    Return the sine of x (measured in radians).

not quite like C-h f, but probably a good start.

Cheers,
M.

--
  If I didn't have my part-time performance art income to help pay
  the  bills, I could never afford to support my programming