ANN: Ballot for Complementary PEP308 Ternary VOTE

phil hunt philh at cabalamat.org
Thu Mar 6 10:45:26 EST 2003

On 6 Mar 2003 00:34:54 -0500, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
>>The whole point of Condorcet is that it allows you to do this.
>
>Figuring out how to do a properly nuanced vote with Condorcet isn't
>trivial.

Isn't it? I reckon I could explain it in a paragraph:

Rank all the items in order of preferences, marking a number
against them, with "1" as your most prefered choice, "2" as your
next most prefered choice, etc. If you give two or more items the
same number, you are saying you like them as much as each other. Any
items that you do not rank, are allocated preferences equal to each
other and lower than all the items you have ranked."

> The mechanism for voting is the same as STV, and I've seen too
>many people screw up in not understanding that the way to vote against
>something is to not rank it.

Or to rank everything else above it.

--
|*|*|  Philip Hunt <philh at cabalamat.org>  |*|*|
|*|*|  "Memes are a hoax; pass it on"     |*|*|