Waffling (was Re: single-line terinary operators considered harmful)

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Mar 5 18:10:27 EST 2003

Stephen Horne wrote:

> OK - I'm surprised, but can't be bothered looking up the standard,
> especially as I'm probably just getting confused with the comma
> operator (which is *effectively* a separator, being an infix
> operator).

He's definitely right.  Maybe you're thinking of Pascal, in which the
final semicolon could be suppressed at the end of some blocks?  (I
haven't touched Pascal in many, many years, so I don't remember the
details.)

/  \ It's a man's world, and you men can have it.
\__/ Katherine Anne Porter
    The laws list / http://www.alcyone.com/max/physics/laws/
 Laws, rules, principles, effects, paradoxes, etc. in physics.