Books Database

Stuart Bishop zen at shangri-la.dropbear.id.au
Mon Mar 3 19:00:05 EST 2003

On Tuesday, March 4, 2003, at 03:47  AM, Eliran Gonen wrote:

> Hello !
>
> I want to ask you what do you think is the best way to keep
> a list of books with other data (such as year and author) in a
> file ?
>
> And what way should be used to parse it ?

If you want the heavyweight, standards compliant version you could
store the information in XML as ONIX.

If you want something that can be made to work quickly and only one
program needs to access the database at a time, just store your Python
objects using the shelve module. This means that the only thing that
can get at the data is Python code, but that is often fine.

If you want to cheat, you can populate your database using the Amazon
web services and store your data in their XML format.

It all depends on your requirements, which you didn't mention.

--
Stuart Bishop <zen at shangri-la.dropbear.id.au>
http://shangri-la.dropbear.id.au/