No Do while/repeat until looping construct in python?

William Sonna wsonna at attglobal.net
Fri Mar 14 23:05:07 EST 2003

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 15:30:43 -0800, Erik Max Francis wrote:

> William Sonna wrote:
>
>> EVERY design decision in the world is subject to question, therefore
>> questionable.  That is an OBJECTIVE fact.
>
> Sure, but once you acknowledge that, your objection to _this_ design
> loses strength.  Anyone can question any design, so the fact that you're
> questioning this one doesn't really stand out as very significant.  One
> could object to Ruby for not doing things the way Python does -- the
> precise reverse of your argument -- and that objection would be equally
> valid.  Thus both objections are not very useful.

If you can't bring yourself to critique both your own and others work
you'll never form the value judgments necessary to make decisions.

My advice to you is to analize the tools you use and the way you use them
and ALWAYS look for better ways to do and utilize them.

>> First two sentences of paragraph - I agree.
>>
>> Third sentence - YOU are the one throwing flames here, not me.
>
> That is simply not objectively the case.  You are the one calling people
> names and swearing.

That simply IS the case.  READ THE POST. He called ME names.  And just
because you may think its great he did doesn't change THAT FACT one bit.

As for what I said to J.P., I stand by what I said.  His was a shit-eating
response.  Funny, yes, but shit-eating nonetheless.  I wasn't the least
bit insulted by it, and I'm sure HE wasn't the least bit insulted by my
reply.

I also don't think you have anything of value to add to this thread, so
please take your final shot at me and buzz off.

You may call me whatever you feel is appropriate, and as long as you don't
lie about what I or others have said in this thread I won't respond and it
ends here.

I promise - but remember - NO LIES - READ THE POSTS.