TextPad and Python

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Fri Mar 7 18:41:51 EST 2003

Fidtz:

> I am trying SciTE out at the moment and it is looking good as an
> editing replacement for both, with IDLEfork becoming used for it's
> shell alone. It has the interactive Output windows that TextPad lacks.

   SciTE's interactive output window isn't all that interactive as, for
example, the backspace key is interpreted within the window and not sent
through to the running program. While there will probably be an option to
change this particular behaviour, SciTE will never become as good at being
an interactive Python shell as one of the tools designed for this job such
as PyCrust or IPython.

   Neil