PEP 308: Pep Update

Sheila King usenet at thinkspot.net
Mon Mar 3 11:23:37 EST 2003

On Sun, 2 Mar 2003 20:54:27 +0100, "Anders J. Munch" <andersjm at inbound.dk>
wrote in comp.lang.python in article
<nkt8a.106683$Hl6.9821897 at news010.worldonline.dk>:

> "Sheila King" <usenet at thinkspot.net> wrote:

> >Was your intent that it should be clear and
> > obvious? Or was your intent to show how this type of thing could be
> > confusing? I was not sure.
>
> I showed a list comp. syntax that looks like a for-loop to illustrate
> that Python list comprehensions do not look like for loops.  For-loops
> have the repeated stuff to the right or below the "for X in V" part,
> list comprehensions don't.

OK, I got you.

However, I never said the list comp. example you showed LOOKED LIKE a
nested for loop. I just said it (effectively, in essence) WAS one.

Maybe the list comprehensions have always felt natural to me because of my
mathematical background. Don't know.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/