Python USB interface.

Gilles Lenfant glenfant at NOSPAM.bigfoot.com
Fri Mar 28 11:55:22 EST 2003

If you got a recent Linux distro with USB support, you could mount your USB
Camera and play with your videos just like with ordinary files.

Just try to connect your camera to a friend's windows XP box to see what
kind of file system it emulates (usually FAT but maybe another)

As I can remember (not on my linux box at the moment) :

$ mkdir /mnt/camera
$ mount -t vfat /mnt/camera /dev/usb

See "man mount" to find what "-t" options you can use that may be better
suited to your camera.

The play with your movies with Python, Xine or whatever app you want.

HTH

--Gilles

news: Pine.LNX.4.44.0303271909280.25600-100000 at e5-05.ee.ualberta.ca...