twisted.conch example

Andrew Bennetts andrew-pythonlist at puzzling.org
Mon Mar 17 07:09:19 EST 2003

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 06:24:44PM +0000, Dag wrote:
> I'm trying to write a program that uses twisted.conch ssh client
> connection.  However I cannot really get twitsed.conch working and
> the documnetation for it is lacking.

Unfortunately, that's true.  As already suggested, the unit tests (in
twisted/test/test_conch.py) and the conch client (in
twisted/scripts/conch.py) are probably worth looking at.  I'd probably start
by looking at doc/examples/sshsimpleclient.py, though.

Or you could come to PyCon, and hassle the Conch developer directly ;)

> Does anyone have any sample code which shows twisted logging onto an
> ssh server (using a supplied password), executing a command and getting
> the output of the command?  I'm sure if I could just see that basics
> working I can figure out the rest.

Your best bet is probably to ask on the Twisted mailing list directly
(twisted-python at twistedmatrix.com).  While some of us hang out on c.l.p, I
don't know that the Conch maintainer does.  For that matter, it might be
worthing checking its archives -- I think someone may have asked this
question before.

-Andrew.