twisted.conch example

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Wed Mar 19 01:54:24 EST 2003

Klaus Alexander Seistrup <spam at magnetic-ink.dk> wrote:

>Peter Hansen wrote:
>
>> This may be of little help, but it's the best I can offer:
>> Twisted apparently comes with a "full" suite of unit tests,
>> as [...]
>
>Also, twisted.conch comes with a command line ssh-client, conch,
>from which you might glean something.  The script, however, is
>surprisingly simply -- basically two lines:
>
>from twisted.scripts.conch import run
>run()

It never ceases to amaze me that, for virtually any arbitrary Python
question, the answer can generally be expressed with Twisted plus 10 lines
of code.  I suspect I could probably do this:

  from twisted.appliances.coffeemaker import perk
  mug = perk.espresso()

I just wish the entry barrier were a little lower.  The documentation is,
shall we say, daunting?
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.