Metaphors and politics

lucio lucio at movilogic.com
Fri Mar 28 16:29:58 EST 2003

Terry Reedy wrote:

>You mean like the 'anti-war' leaders who praise the thugs ruling North
>Korea?
>Perhaps you should visit Iraq and talk to the people like certain
>ex-anti-war folks did
>
>He said that his talks with Iraqis convinced him that Saddam is "a
>monster the likes of which the world had not seen since Stalin and
>Hitler. He and his sons are sick sadists. Their tales of slow torture
>and killing made me ill, such as people put in a huge shredder for
>plastic products, feet first so [the torture masters] could hear their
>screams as bodies got chewed up from foot to head."

[snip]

i promissed myself i would not comment on this, but i am weak. :)

Disclaimer: i do belive saddam is no happy grandpa.

We had a discussion the other day with my friends, so now i need to ask
the following question:

Who really belives that main reason of this war is the liberation of iraq?

Lucio.