No Do while/repeat until looping construct in python?

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Mon Mar 17 11:30:45 EST 2003

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 03:30:34PM +0000, Steve Holden wrote:
> "William Sonna" <wsonna at attglobal.net> wrote to comp.lang.python, in various
> posts and at various times, but invariably in the same strident tone ...

> [...]
> > Now be a good boy, eat some more shit and get back to your regularly
> > scheduled trolling NOW or I'll tell your mother what you've been up to!!

> I surely can't be the only c.l.py who finds this approach to technical
> debate both unnecessary and offensive.

You definately were not. However, rather than try to correct William Sonna,
I went the easy way out and made him make that wonderful *plonk*[1] sound.
It was a sad occasion too; the killfile was otherwise empty. But I could not
make myself reply in such an eloquent, clear-headed, mentally stable manner
as you have, Steven, so I'm glad I didn't try. My attempt likely would have
failed, and fueled the flames even more, so I decided to skip it and let
other people handle it better. I'm very happy to find my trust was not
misplaced! Yours was not the only good response, either, but it was well
worth reading all the way and I found myself agreeing on all accounts. I'm
glad you did actually send it.

Conciliatori'ly y'rs,

[1] http://www.dict.org/bin/Dict?Query=plonk&Form=Dict1&Database=*&Strategy=*
--