GUI Toolkits(Python and XUL)

Geoff Gerrietts geoff at gerrietts.net
Tue Mar 11 11:44:04 EST 2003

Quoting Marc Van Riet (marcvanriet at yahoo.com):
> If you're going for cross-platform then you might want to consider Qt.
>  It's GPL'd on Linux, but you have to pay for it under Windows.

Last I looked (and I admit it's been a couple months now), if you were
developing open source apps for Windows (not the norm, but a growing
percentage), a slightly older version of Qt was available for your
project under Windows.

Granted, if you need today's dope new features, that doesn't help you.
And if you don't want to release your software as free, that also
doesn't help you. But it's not totally black and white, there's an
orange for these apples.

--G.

--
Geoff Gerrietts <geoff at gerrietts net>          http://www.gerrietts.net/
     "Now, now my good man, this is no time for making enemies."