building python under windows

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Mar 6 19:25:37 EST 2003

Damien Morton wrote:
> Im building python 2.3a2 using MSVC 6.0 under windows 2000.
>
> The projects in the pcbuild directory builds python.exe and python23.dll
>
> I want to build several versions of python, with various profiling options
> and optimisations turned on, and am trying to figure out how to build a
> statically linked version of python.exe
>
> I would have, for example,
> python.exe (2.3a2 unchanged)
> python_dxp.exe (2.3a2 with dynamic profiling turned on)
> etc etc
>

> Any help, suggestions, etc greatly appreciated.

I don't think you will find much support in the core for this.  As
Martin mentions, it will be a matter of *setting up* the correct defines
etc, not simply flipping them.

If you manage to do this fairly cleanly, consider adding a patch to
sourceforge, so others could do it should they be so inclined.

Mark.