Novice needs help with py2exe

Matthew matthew at newsgroups.com
Wed Mar 19 22:09:05 EST 2003

Hi,

I've written a simple py program which I want to run under win32 as a
standalaone. the program works fine under pythonwin. Now how-to wrap it
up using py2exe? I've downloaded and installed py2exe and now to be
perfectly frank - What do I do now? There doesn't seem to be any
documentation at all on how to use it - well not that I could understand
anyway.

D:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\py2exe>python py2exe.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "py2exe.py", line 3, in ?
     raise RuntimeError, "something's wrong"

D:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\py2exe>python setup.py py2exe.py --help
python: can't open file 'setup.py'
                          ^^^^^^^^ >>> doesn't exsist in the py2exe dir

So, for this novice it's currently "Game Over".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards, matthew.