How does Python compare with RealBasic?

laotseu bdesth at removethis.free.fr
Fri Mar 7 23:04:14 EST 2003

Markus Winter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just started programming in RealBasic and now came across Python
> (mainly because a molecular visualisation app I'm interested in is using
> Python as it's script language). I intend to write my first program (a DNA
> sequence analysis program) and wondered how Python compares to RB ...
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Markus

RealBasic is real cool tool for fast GUI apps (really...). But the
language by itself is a bit limited compared to Python - limited OO
support, lack of dynamism, no functionnal possibility... Well, it's a
pretty good basic, but still a basic !-)

I don't know much about DNA sequence analysis, but I guess you'll find
Python a better choice for this kind of stuff.

my 2 cents...
Laotseu