PySqlite for the Python 2.3a

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Mon Mar 31 22:27:53 EST 2003

* Driver, David <DDriver at covercraft.com> [2003-03-31 20:30 -0600]:
> So, I emailed a few days ago saying that I was going to try to compile
> pySqlite and install it for 2.3. Well after a few evenings of dinking around
> in the source code, I now know that I have no understanding of the C++
> languages or of building an install package for windows.

PySQLite is written in Python and C, no C++ involved ;-)

I don't plan to make an "official" package for 2.3 alphas, but I could
provide an "unofficial" one.

> Is there any plans to do an installer for the alphas? Is there another
> way to get the package installed for windows?

If you want to compile it yourself, it's certainly possible. There's an
INSTALL.win32 file in the source distribution that describes how to do
this.

To build using mingw32 (which I'd recommend, instructions for MSVC6 and
Borland are also in the INSTALL.win32 file) you can either compile a
statically linked libsqlite.a yourself or download the sqlite-mingw zip
file from the SF files section:

Just download it, put it in ../sqlite relative from your PySQLite source
tree and issue a "python setup.py build --compiler=mingw32". Details can
be found in the INSTALL.win32 file.

Let me know how it goes.

Btw. PySQLite has its own mailing list, to which I'll cc this message.

Gerhard
mail:   gh at ghaering.de
web:    http://ghaering.de/