Saving Files Under Windows

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Fri Jun 13 09:30:48 EDT 2003

achrist at easystreet.com wrote in message news:<3EE993CB.F2CE7D39 at easystreet.com>...
> I'm using python [...] under Windows.
> Are there new rules [...] that restrict in which
> folders users can or should be saving their data?

Have a look at this (recent) thread:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&th=6f2409ae2369aa76&rnum=8

Not necessarily a complete answer. I don't believe there are any
"rules", in Python or otherwise. However, Microsoft would rather like
you to save things in "My Documents", "My Pictures", "My Rubbish Bin"
and so on, and the easiest way to find them is discussed in the above
thread (and a few others if you care to Google back through this
newsgroup).

TJG