Rudeness with names (was Re: interpreted)

Val Bykoski val at vtek.com
Tue Jun 10 17:35:52 EDT 2003

mis6 at pitt.edu (Michele Simionato) wrote in message news:<2259b0e2.0306100912.8946854 at posting.google.com>...
> Gerhard Häring <gh at ghaering.de> wrote in message news:<mailman.1055255001.19136.python-list at python.org>...
> > Aahz wrote:

> > > That's fine, and you may recall that I've made comments about top-posting
> > > and broken quoting in the past.  But one needn't be rude and insulting
> > > when doing so, particularly in the first response to any given person --
> > > that's not a "nudge".  A better response would be something like,
> > > "Should I call you 'Ifman1'?"
> >
> > Ok, good point. Thanks for the constructive criticism.
> >
> > -- Gerhard
>
> I have seen Gerhard using "anonymous cowards" before and liked
> the joke. I didn't imagine it could be taken seriously as an offence.
> Especially since he was helpful with the posters. Actually, I was tempted
> to use the expression myself but at this point I don't think it would be
> a good idea. Anyway, I can always use "Should I call you 'Ifman1'?" ;-)
>

>                               Michele
>

>                                        Michele

I'm reading the CLP for few years daily.  Surely I like Python but
even more i enjoy the kindness, help and intellectual strength of the
Python community.  I'm getting great lessons daily, and to me Gerhard
as the personality and as the contributor is one of the jewels of the
Python community.
take-it-easy-ly y'rs,
/val