does lack of type declarations make Python unsafe?

Tim Rowe tim at remove_if_not_spam.digitig.cix.co.uk
Tue Jun 17 13:06:55 EDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 07:56:14 GMT, Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it>
wrote:

>I guess that's the crux of the matter -- and this "research you've
>seen" appears to give results that directly contradict the everyday
>experience reported by the growing band of users of dynamically
>typed languages.

[fx: looks at unstable four-foot pile of unsorted technical papers]
Er, there will be a short delay at this point! (Though if it prompts
me to sort that pile out at last then something good will have come of
this!)

Don't forget that I'm here because I /like/ Python, by the way -- I
just don't think it's right for /everything/.  I don't think /any/
language /can/ be!