m2crypto w or w/out proxy

Ng Pheng Siong ngps at netmemetic.com
Fri Jun 6 08:18:07 EDT 2003

According to Glauco  <glauco at allevatori.com>:
> I wrote a package  for connection throw HTTP with or without proxy .
> How can i configure proxy use in M2Crypto (or reuse Opener from urllib) ?

HTTPS proxying is different from HTTP proxying. In HTTPS proxying, the
client CONNECTs to the proxy to request an SSL tunnel to the target. See
RFC 2616, HTTP 1.1. (Or a newer version.)

A quick glance thru urllib2.py didn't turn up 'CONNECT', so possibly it is
not supported. You'll have to subclass CustomProxy to do the CONNECT stuff.

When your code CONNECTs and gets a 2xx, it means the proxy is ready to
relay your traffic, at which point you turn the socket into an
SSL.Connection.

HTH.

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps at netmemetic.com>