ICA - Independent Component Analysis

Tim Churches tchur at optushome.com.au
Fri Jun 27 16:13:10 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 03:33, John Hunter wrote:
> Has anyone implemented ICA (Independent Component Analysis) in
> python, or know of a wrapper for a library that does so?
>
> I see that the developers of http://pdilib.sourceforge.net/ claim it
> is coming soon....   My email to them bounced, though, so I couldn't
> contact them directly.

There is a fastICA library for R (a free statistical analysis
environment) which does ICA and projection pursuit - see
http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/PACKAGES.html#fastICA

If you want to access it from Python, try Walter Moreira's excellent RPy
module (see http://rpy.sf.net) which embeds R within your Python
interpreter and provides an incredibly smooth interface between the two
(including the ability to directly pass NumPy arrays to and from R).
--

Tim C

PGP/GnuPG Key 1024D/EAF993D0 available from keyservers everywhere
or at http://members.optushome.com.au/tchur/pubkey.asc
Key fingerprint = 8C22 BF76 33BA B3B5 1D5B  EB37 7891 46A9 EAF9 93D0