[ANN] pylint-0.1.2

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Wed Jun 25 16:58:17 EDT 2003

achrist at easystreet.com writes:

> I just hit an unfixable (for now) problem with pychecker, too.
> Ran out of memory.  My machine is WinNT 4.0 + 128 MB, and running
> pychecker on a program (40k LOC + wxPython + a few other library
> packages) runs me out of memory with nothing else running.
> (I've got an old machine for which it is very hard to find memory
> upgrade)

How about some more disk?  And what's your virtual memory set to?  It
may stink in terms of performance, depending on what the real working
set size is, but just giving yourself some more virtual memory (aka
disk or upping the defined swap) should take care of the out of memory
error.

That is unless the code is actually tickling some sort of bug in
PyChecker that causes it to burn memory unnecessarily.

-- David