[ANN] pylint-0.1.2

achrist at easystreet.com achrist at easystreet.com
Wed Jun 25 15:41:08 EDT 2003

I just tried to use pylint-0.1.2 under Windows NT and hit a few
problems.  First, setup crashes because there is not pylint.bat file
in the  pylint-0.1.2\bin directory.  That's easy to fix.

Worse problem is

	File "I:\python\Lib\site-packages\wxPython\controls.py",
	line 16, in ? class wxControlPtr(wxWindowPtr):
	NameError: name 'wxWindowPtr' is not defined

My app uses wxPython, and evidently pylint can't work through
all the tricks in the wxPython  and wxWindows code.

I just hit an unfixable (for now) problem with pychecker, too.
Ran out of memory.  My machine is WinNT 4.0 + 128 MB, and running
pychecker on a program (40k LOC + wxPython + a few other library
packages) runs me out of memory with nothing else running.
(I've got an old machine for which it is very hard to find memory
upgrade)

Al