Error checking in Python

martin z pxtl at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 9 22:43:41 EDT 2003

Actually, in this vein, I often have aproblem with the Python C Api in that
it is very rigidly typed.  Most of the major documented operations are
specifically to the built-in types.  That is, there's no
PyMap_GetItemString - but there is PyDict_GetItemString, which only works
with a dictionary.  If there is such a function, it is poorly documented.
This sort of problem abounds in the C Api.

Idunno, I guess there's no point to this post.  I'm just complaining.