Porridge 0.0

Ed Avis ed at membled.com
Tue Jun 3 17:15:00 EDT 2003

Ben Finney <bignose-hates-spam at and-zip-does-too.com.au> writes:

>Building on the success of Python to date, Porridge will correct all the
>flaws that have been raised by opponents of Python.

If you can give it lexically scoped variables, closures, pattern
matching, proper anonymous subroutines (not like 'lambda' which
doesn't let you do assignment or sequencing or even assertions) and,
essentially, most of the other features of Vyper then I'd switch to it
immediately.  Oh, and put goto in there as well, it is sorely missed.

(Scheme has been described as 'porridge with toenail clippings mixed
in', referring to the syntax.  Replace the toenail syntax with
something clean like Python's, while keeping most of the the
expressiveness, and you have a very nice language.)

--
Ed Avis <ed at membled.com>