Porridge 0.0

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-zip-does-too.com.au
Tue Jun 3 02:58:16 EDT 2003

On 03 Jun 2003 07:37:22 +0100, Ed Avis wrote:
> Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk> writes:
> > [name a programming language] "that has a connection with a popular
> > 1970s BBC comedy show".
>
> The answer they guessed was Porridge, a sitcom set in a prison!  I'm
> sure nobody here considers that an appropriate answer...

Google tells me that nobody has yet named a programming language
"Porridge".  This opportunity is too good to miss; so:

Porridge 0.0 announced
----------------------

Due to the extreme readability and reusability of most Python code, a
fork has been announced that will correct this rampant code quality:
Porridge.

Building on the success of Python to date, Porridge will correct all the
flaws that have been raised by opponents of Python.

Features of Porridge 0.0 will include:

  - All standard library functions will be duplicated at least three
    times, in disparate modules, with different names and argument lists

  - No indentation allowed; blocks are delimited by common consent among
    your programming peers

  - [... I'm sure others can fill in this feature list ...]

--
 \          "Instead of a trap door, what about a trap window? The guy |
  `\      looks out it, and if he leans too far, he falls out. Wait. I |