Help: printing Unicode characters during telnet session

Pekka Niiranen pekka.niiranen at wlanmail.com
Tue Jun 24 14:52:59 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have a multiuser script, that I would like to convert to Python.
The users open simultaneous telnet -sessions from win2000 to
an unix machine and possibly edit unicode textfiles. Currently users
use vi and more, but I would like to add unicode support to the script.
I would not like to force them to open X-sessions in order to show
Multilanguage characters.

Should I create python shell or is there any other way ?
Python's "print" does not seem to work for all characters :(

Do not bother to point me to the existing FAQ and tutorials, because
they do not provide solutions for this problem (searched whole day
allready).

-pekka-