wxPython vs Tkinter for imaging front end GUI???

Leonard J. Reder reder at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Jun 2 16:35:16 EDT 2003

Hello,

I have a command line image feature recognition code and I want to put a
quick python script on it to execute it and give it a GUI.  I need to
read in an image (JPEG), rescale the image on a canvas sort of display,
place mouse over it to select some coordinate points.  And then just do
other stuff with buttons and entries.  I am confortable with TK from
using tcl but in Tk there is not an easy way to handle scaled images on
the canvas.  Does wxPython have this sort of functionality included?
Has this sort of thing been done with Tkinter and PIL in Python.  Or
perhaps PMW, Tkinter and PIL can be used.

I am looking for recommendations from someone who has implemented this
sort of thing in Python?  Any comments on which toolkit would be better
to use for this are requested?

Thanks for all replies,

Len
Leonard J. Reder
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Interferometry Systems and Technology Section 383
Email: reder at huey.jpl.nasa.gov
Phone (Voice): 818-354-3639
Phone (FAX): 818-354-4357
Mail Address: