Access "slot" field dynamically?

Robert Oschler no_replies at fake_email_address.invalid
Tue Jun 10 09:49:12 EDT 2003

I want to pass a list of field names (slot names?) that represent the slots
in a class instance, and have a method do something with them.  For example

class HasSlots(object):
    __slots__ = 'fldone', 'fldtwo', 'fldthree'
    def __init__(self):
        self.fldone = ""
        self.fldtwo = ""
        self.fldthree = ""
    # END: __init__
# END: class HasSlots()

def printSomeFields(instance_of_hasslot, fldlist):
    for fl in fldlist:
        # Here is where I don't know the syntax for
        #  accessing a field of instance_of_hasslot, by
        #  using a Python string that contains the
        # desired field name.
# END: printSomeFields

In the block belonging to "printSomeFields()", how do I access the field
(slot) by grabbing the field name from the fldlist list of strings?

    print instance_of_hasslot.fl

doesn't work.

thx
--