Python as a Language Choice

Cousin Stanley CousinStanley at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 17 13:49:51 EDT 2003

| Power to punch yes, but I don't care how many lines of code.
|
| I'd sooner quickly write a dozen lines of nice clear Python
| than spend hours agonising over one line of indecipherable APL
| to do the same job.

Tim ...

I experimented with APL briefly back in the early 1970s
under IBM VM/CMS using a Tektronix graphics terminal ...

After a couple of weeks, I could  ALMOST  begin to deciper
SOME of the individual symbol-widgets, but when I encountered building
subroutines by back-spacing and typing sets of other symbol-widgets
on top of each other I began looking elsewhere even though
I did like some of the APL concepts ...

Python is the most readable programming language I've encountered
since beginning programming with Fortran in 1966 ...

Thanks for your comments ...

--
Cousin Stanley
Human Being