Tiger Hash Function in Python

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at yahoo.it
Fri Jun 20 04:29:56 EDT 2003

"Aahz" <aahz at pythoncraft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:bct5oh$6k4$1 at panix1.panix.com...
> In article <y2lIa.104936$lK4.2967901 at twister1.libero.it>,
> Mirco Romanato <painlord2k at yahoo.it> wrote:

> >I'm thinkering with Python to build an utility (more specs at the
end
> >of the post) and I need to utilize the Tiger Hash function.
> >I have not MSVC and run a Win box with the last Cygwin and Python
> >2.2.3.

> >There is any module that compile automagically with Cygwin, or a
> >module that don't need to be compiled, only installed?

> Why not write a Tiger hash module yourself?

I'm a newby to Python, and I want use Python because it don't need to
compile and other things in order to have a working program.

It is over 10 years I don't program anything, apart my VCR :-(

But you are right, probably I will follow yours if I find no
alternative.

What I dare is, what if I use Python to compute Tiger hash for big
files:
e.g tiger of 1024 bytes chunks of a 650 - 1 GB files (650k-1M function
call for a file).
The function efficiency compared to C how will compare?

Mirco