Strange problem with notebook computer

Homer Ellison ellisonh at prodigy.net
Sun Jun 8 19:49:32 EDT 2003

Hello,

I'm new to Python (and many years out of programming until now). I'm
having a strange problem as I program and troubleshoot Python on my
notebook computer. Often when I am troubleshooting code, the mouse
pointer freezes. Sometimes even the keyboard freezes. The problem
persists when I reboot. The only way I have found to be able to stop the
problem is to turn it off and unplug it; remove the battery and floppy
drive modules (this may not be necessary); remove the cover over the
memory card; let the system cool down; and put it back together and
start up again. I do not have this problem when I'm running other
software, only Python. Is there a possibility that somehow Python or the
code I'm writing in Python is causing my notebook computer to overheat?
I can't imagine why this would be, but I can't figure out what else
might be causing the problem. Any ideas?

Thank you,
Homer