socket programming project

drs drs at ecp.cc
Thu Jun 26 18:54:14 EDT 2003

"Irmen de Jong" <irmen at -NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl> wrote in message
news:3efb62a5$0$49109$e4fe514c at news.xs4all.nl...

> If you don't care about the communication internals, (and it seems very
> likely that you don't), try Pyro : http://pyro.sourceforge.net
>
> Pyro makes it VERY easy to build distributed object systems in Python.
> (a basic client and server take no more than 5 to 10 lines of code,
> of which only two or three are Pyro-specific).
>
> If you know DCOM, you know the basics of distributed object systems,
> and you should feel at home very soon when using Pyro.
> Not forgetting that it is tremendously easier to use than DCOM.. ;-)

This looks really interesting.  In COM, there is the concept of a single use
server where every client shares the same instance. Python does not really
support creating a single use DCOM server, at least not last time I looked
into it. Is this something Pyro can easily do, or will I need to use a db of
some sort to keep track of shared data?

-doug