Problems retrieving items from a list using a reference rather than an integer - can you help?

Bob Gailer bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
Thu Jul 17 12:51:41 EDT 2003

At 04:05 PM 7/17/2003 +0100, Rogue9 wrote:

>After reviewing my question I realised that I should have posted the short
>piece of real code I'm working on and not tried to write some pseudo-code
>to illustrate the problem I'm having.Therefore I have printed the listing
>below which is quite short and hopefully won't annoy too many peopleabout
>the length of my post.
>
>To reiterate:
>The masterList holds the results for the UK lottery
[snip]
I sure hope you are not writing "yet another winning lottery number
predictor". It is a sad commentary on mathematics education when
individuals belive that one can predict the outcome of a truly random
process based on any history. I for one certainly won't support any effort
to further mislead people.

Bob Gailer
bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
303 442 2625